The outlining continues. Yesterday was an off day, but I jotted down some notes and ideas. Today I’m going to focus on a little more brainstorming and some ideas for the prologue. So let’s jump in.
- There will be no prologue. We see that too often.
- The start of the story will not start in 1981. That is done so often. Nor will it start as a “The Dursleys were so damn normal, even normal people were freaks.” I’m thinking it will actually start when Harry is three and living with Sirius, which he has done since he was one year old. Why three? Well, that will be when Harry first starts to have memories he can actually remember later in life.
- I think I’ve decided to do parts of this in first person. Not everything. I don’t know if this is going to happen yet. Either that or perhaps I’ll do some in diary format, though that would obviously have to start later in the story. Three-year-olds don’t write in diaries.
- The first few chapters, which would normally be summarized in a prologue, will be Harry’s younger years. Here he will make friends, and begin learning about his legacy and inheritance. We’ll also explore the Wizarding world in these early chapters, as it will be important later on in the story.
- In one of the chapters, we’ll meet Luna/Tonks. As you can tell, I’ve still not decided on the final pairing, but I do believe that it will be a threesome. I’m still leaning towards Tonks. The only thing that is keeping me from deciding is the age difference. It is a bit easier to make Luna a few weeks older and have her going to school with Harry than make Tonks several years younger to accomplish the same thing. Granted this is AU, so maybe I can get away with it.
- Harry won’t meet Hermione until Hogwarts. Originally, I had planned to have them find out about the soulbond ahead of time, but that isn’t going to happen. It’ll be better if it is spontaneous.
- I’ve also decided that the soulbond won’t happen the usual way (you know, the whole kiss, bright golden light, married, then sex, then kids, type of thing). Instead, it will happen over time. Married thirteen or fourteen-year-olds isn’t going to happen in this story. Them being soulbonded does not make them married.
- This will also mean that sex will happen naturally instead of being propelled by a single event. I wouldn’t expect penis in vagina action until at least fourth year. I’m not a prude, and as a former teenager, I know teens experiment and fuck all the time. So that will happen, but them going at it in second year is a bit much for me.
- I’ve decided that there won’t be a lot of bashing in this story if I can help it. Dumbledore isn’t going to be evil, but he will be a bit manipulative. The Weasleys won’t play a huge role in the story at first, but when they do, none of them will be evil potioning arseholes.
And that’s where I am so far. It’s not specific, but I have those notes here at home. No sense giving it all exactly away before November shows up.